Saturday, January 3, 2015

book shelves.

I love books. I am unashamed to admit that fact as well as the fact that I own a lot of books...including many books that I have not yet read. Again, totally unashamed.

I love how books look and feel and smell. Old books, new books, used books, books right from the printer. Books that have stains and torn pages and broken bindings and pen markings. Books with crisp pages and the bindings uncracked and no finger smudges. All books.

Alex promised me before we got married that one day he would build me a library in our home with floor to ceiling shelves and a ladder and portraits of great authors and maps and globes. I haven't stopped dreaming about it since he made that promise.

I have also started to fill that library, even though it is not built yet. I buy a lot of books. I am poor so I buy a lot of used books but they are all beautiful. But because I buy a lot of books currently, I need a lot of shelves. I have compiled some inspiration pictures for my library as well as for the shelves we will need when we move. I love book shelves.








sources:
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 78 / 9

No comments:

Post a Comment