Sunday, November 30, 2014

projects.


I have been slaving away over some projects for Christmas gifts. I've probably given myself carpel tunnel from it all but I am really proud of the outcome.

I crocheted two blankets for gifts. One for my mom and one for Alex's mom. I started with the one for Alex's mom. It's a little more simple and straight forward but I think it still looks super cute. And it's her favorite color so she will love it. I finished this one a few weeks ago.
Don't mind Rex in the background or my messy bed.
 And I made a purple one for my mom. I thought the stripes would look really cool and interesting. And the fringe. I probably won't do fringe again on a blanket. It was such a pain, but it does look really nice on this one. I just finished this one today!
And don't mind the lumpiness, Rex is underneath because he wouldn't move. You can see his little legs poking out the top.
My next project is a few scarves for presents. I am making 1 grey scarf, 1 maroon scarf, and 2 tan/cream colored scarves for some of Alex's family. The blankets took about 2 weeks to finish each (of working at night and on my days off) and the scarves take about 3 hours each to make. I am still a beginner so I don't do any fancy stitches or get crazy with anything but I think they all still look really nice. I am very proud that I've made two blankets now!

No comments:

Post a Comment