Tuesday, November 4, 2014

crafting.

My husband and I have been working our butts off for the past few months to pay off some debt and save as much money as possible to move to Portland. Doing this meant that we moved in with his mom and step-dad for a while to cut down on our expenses. They have been wonderful to let us stay with them and we have been doing our best to save as much as possible.

With the holidays coming we realized that we wanted to give our family members something to show them how much we love them and appreciate them, but we need a budget because we both will spend all our money to give to others. It's a wonderful generous quality that we both have but our bank accounts don't appreciate it all the time. So we budgeted out how much we could spend for everyone and for each other. Our "each other budget" is super small so homemade gifts are a must. That is what brought me to the craft store when I saw the yarn and thought "hey! I used to know how to crochet! I could do that!" Fast forward to four hours when I was still online reading tutorials trying to figure out what I'm doing. 

When I was younger (like 8 or 9 years old) I learned how to crochet and I was really good at it. Then I picked it back up a few years ago and made a couple scarves and hats. Now here I go one more time and I'm gonna try a bigger project. 

I found a lot of really awesome tutorials on maybematilda.com with pictures and instructions for all different stitches and how to read patterns. It really brought back everything that I remember from back in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment