Friday, October 17, 2014

husband.

I have a wonderful husband and I feel the need to tell anyone and everyone who will listen. Literally. I talk about him all the time to girls at work. They are definitely tired of hearing how great my husband is. But he really is. Presenting the best husband ever…Alex!

 

≈ our one year anniversary in August ≈ my sister's wedding in July ≈ Alex and Rex in Idaho ≈ Alex in his element ≈

I got sick on our last day in Texas. It was travel day, of course, and there I was with the start of a head cold and some bad stomach pains. Because everything that can be wrong with me at one time, will be wrong with me. But he handled it like a champ. Helping me through security, getting me a hot drink for my throat, letting me lay my head on his shoulder, making sure I always had water. He is the ultimate sweetheart.

And obviously the sick did not stop when we got home. So he made me lunch so I would not have to get out of bed, brought me tissues and medicine, filled my water bottle, washed the dishes so I would not have to. All while going back to work first thing. He kept texting me from the living room during the day to ask if I needed anything and if I was ok.

But don't get me wrong, he wasn't perfect at it. He kept getting frustrated when I couldn't make up my mind and annoyed when I would ask him to make six trips to the kitchen because I needed juice, and then napkins, and then more ice, and then tea, all within ten minutes. Or when I wouldn't take my medicine, he would offer to force feed me the pills. But he did it all!

And that is why I love him. Always willing to serve and help when I need him. But I know that he is praying that I do not get sick again anytime soon...for more reasons than just my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment